How to Paint Pansy Flowers with Artist Sue Pruett MDA
Online Painting Class
Discover simple brush strokes and learn how to create your own flower paintings. Learn how to paint floral shapes and leaves - This design can be applied to several surfaces.
- Paint beautiful pansies, viola flowers, and leaves using the basic decorative comma stroke.
- Artist Sue Pruett uses a filbert paint brush to stroke double-loaded comma strokes layered to build the foundation of the petals.
- Sue's approach is to simply walk the student, step by step through the basic anatomy of the flower relative to its mass and form.
- With in-depth explanations and painting videos, you will come away with a greater love for painting floral themes. You will be better armed with the knowledge and skills to approach them with more confidence.
Watch this short snippet to see how the class progresses.
Not Available Anywhere Else On the Internet
- Unlimited access to teacher support and feedback for the duration of the class.
- Step by step video demonstrations of the painting techniques and development of the composition.
- Step by step written notes
- Step photographs
- Unlimited classroom access 24/7 - Your class never expires.
- Learn how to paint flowers and leaves using double loaded comma strokes with a filbert brush.
- Learn how to add simple stroke embellishments to add interest and mood.
- Learn how to use color temperature to create emphasis and attention.
Unlimited Student Support
Class Videos: The online art lesson is presented via classroom videos, students can work along at their own pace as they watch the instructor paint each step of the painting.
Text Lessons: Several step by step written lessons are provided so the student can paint along with the videos.
Step by step supporting photographs are included in class materials.
Instructor help and feedback: Students have unlimited access to receive individual critiques from the instructor.
Classroom Forums: There are many classroom forums where you'll upload photographs of your work, and questions and answers are shared between students and me the instructor. Feedback is very important. This helps you know that you are on the right track. If there are any issues or challenges, these Q & A’s forums help clarify anything that might not be completely clear to you.
Once enrolled in the class, students gain access to the online classroom on our website. Here you will find all the class materials such as the supply list, class videos, lessons and other support materials. As you watch the videos, the teacher helps you prepare for the class, discusses the supplies and begins the creative process.
Students follow along with the videos and use the printed text lessons as an extra support for the class. At anytime you can ask for help via email or by uploading a photograph of your painting into the class forums. Your teacher is always ready to offer suggestions and give feedback to help you create a successful painting that you will be happy with.
Palette – DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylics
Light Grey Mix #8
Medium Grey Mix #6
Dark Grey Mix #3
Extender and Blending Medium
9 x 12 Canvas Panel or Masonite
TB11 – 3/0 liner
TB31 – 4 flat
TB32 – 6 flat
TB33 – 8 flat
TB34 – 10 flat
TB35 – 12 flat
TB38 – 1” flat
TB41 – 6 filbert
TB42 – 8 filbert
TB43 – 10 filbert
TB51 – ¾ oval
TB101 – 0 mini mop
Wet Palette Container
Wax Palette Paper
Gray Graphite Paper
Clear Acetate or Tracing Paper
Sharpie™ Fine Point Permanent Pen