Landscape Painting - Creating Depth & Dimension with basic Perspective
Using the concept of perspective when painting landscapes gives your paintings true depth and dimension. Of all the different types of perspective, Linear Perspective is vitally important for artists who wish to explore a realistic landscape for painting. This is a fundamental aspect of painting landscapes.
- In this online painting class, the basic laws of linear perspective are covered through the arrangement of elements in the composition.
- This class has over 6 hrs of video content.
- Several detailed step by step written lessons
- Interactive forums
- Unlimited class access, Instructor support and feedback
Join Instructor Neadeen Masters as she shares with you her painting tips tips and techniques. This is a fun class where students can interact, and share their work for teacher feedback and critique.
- The class begins with an overview of the painting. Neadeen explains how the painting will progress.
- Next students watch as a 'mottled' background is created and Neadeen explains in detail how to use the brushes, what to look for and exactly what the goal of the painting exercise is all about.
- After the sky is completed the distant trees are placed in and Neadeen paints through explaining and showing step by step how this is done and the principles behind each one.
- Students can stop the class videos at any time to re-watch the process and paint on your own painting.
- Feedback - At any time you can upload a photograph of your painting and ask for the teacher's pointers and feedback.
- Students work at their own pace, stop rewind, ask questions and move on as you need to. The class atmosphere is very relaxed. Each concept is explained, Neadeen loves to teach the theory behind the painting and includes clear explanations to make it easy to understand how and why you are doing something, or for what effect.
- Students are always pleased with the amount of help they are given and if you are shy and don't want to upload a painting, Neadeen is happy to help you via email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are many classroom forums where you'll upload photographs of your work, and questions and answers are shared between students and me the instructor. Feedback is very important for the new student. This helps you know that you are on the right track. If there are any issues or challenges, these Q & A’s forums help clarify anything that might not be completely clear to you. All our students love the forums.
- You’ll also have access to a friendly online community of fellow students, to trade advice and experience as well as get personalized advice from me. No matter the challenge, the community, the classroom forums and I are all here to get you rolling again.
Watch and learn from the best seat in the house
One of the greatest benefits to taking an online class like this, is having the ability to hit the rewind button. If you need to re-watch a particular painting technique more than once, you can do so with a click. This also gives you lots of time to practice and digest the information at your own pace. Watching the videos from the best seat in the house gives you an over the shoulder view of the whole painting process from start to finish.
Below is a short video snippet of the final painting details from the online class. You can see every stroke at very close range.