Still Life - Painting Silver Metal
Not Available Anywhere Else On the Internet
- Unlimited access to teacher support and feedback for the duration of the class.
- Step by step video demonstrations of the painting techniques and development of the composition.
- Step by step written notes to follow along with the videos. (easy to download and print)
- Step by step photographs.
- Students have 12 months to complete the class project.
- Unlimited classroom access 24/7 for the duration of the class.
| Painting A Silver Metal Object In Still Life Compositions
Painting metallic objects is something that every traditional still life artist will encounter at some time. Artist and teacher Susan Abdella introduces the student to the way she approaches the painting of a highly reflective silver teapot.
- Class Videos: The online art lesson is presented via classroom videos, students can work along at their own pace as they watch the instructor paint each step of the painting.
- Text Lessons: Several step by step written lessons are provided so the student can paint along with the videos.
- Step by step supporting photographs are included in class materials.
- Instructor help and feedback: Students have unlimited access to receive individual critiques from the instructor.
- Students have 12 months to complete the class. Even though we know this painting lesson can be completed over a weekend, we have provided more than ample time to work along at a relaxed pace for completing the painting.
- Classroom Forums: There are many classroom forums where you'll upload photographs of your work, and questions and answers are shared between students and me the instructor. Feedback is very important. This helps you know that you are on the right track. If there are any issues or challenges, these Q & A’s forums help clarify anything that might not be completely clear to you.
- You’ll also have access to a friendly online community of fellow students, to trade advice and experience as well as get personalized advice from the instructor. No matter the challenge, the community, the classroom forums and the teacher are all here to get you rolling again.
- Learn how to paint a silver metal object.
- Learn how to paint the reflective quality of the teapot's surface.
- Learn how to blend values to render reflections on a shiny metallic surface.
- Learn how to paint silver metal with a limited range of colors.
- Learn to apply values for creating three dimensional form.
- Learn how to carry light and color for harmony and balance.
|Video Still: In the still photograph above, artist Susan Abdella explains how different values can be identified on a highly reflective surface. Susan explains how to approach the painting using a simple 'value map' to follow along with the video demonstrations. The benefit to taking an online class like this is to learn how to approach not just one but many other silver objects.
| Class Presentation
Once enrolled in the class, students gain access to the online classroom on our website. Here you will find all the class materials such as the supply list, class videos, lessons and other support materials. As you watch the videos, the teacher helps you prepare for the class, discusses the supplies and begins the creative process. Students follow along with the videos and use the printed text lessons as an extra support for the class. At anytime you can ask for help via email or by uploading a photograph of your painting into the class forums. Your teacher is always ready to offer suggestions and give feedback to help you create a successful painting that you will be happy with.
- Class includes step by step instructions
- Written Text lessons
- 4 hours of step by step video demonstrations.
- Class Forums: Students are encouraged to upload photographs of their art work to classroom forums for instructor feedback and critique.
- Instructor Susan Abdella, MDA
| * Open for continuous registration - All course materials are completely uploaded into the classroom - there is no wait time between lessons and videos. Work along at your own pace.
| Extra Bonus Features and Benefits for the Student
One of the greatest benefits to taking an online art class like this is having the ability to hit the rewind button. If you need to re-watch a painting technique more than once, you can do so as many times as you want. This gives you lots of time to practice and digest the information at your own pace. Watching the videos from the best seat in the house gives you an over the shoulder view of the whole painting process from start to finish.
Start Your Journey to Painting Silver Still Life Paintings!