Explore Color Basics 2 - Do your paintings look flat or they seem to lack depth and dimension? Here is the solution you are looking for. What is color theory? Color theory is not only about learning the color wheel or learning a color wheel chart. Discover the most important property of color - 'Value'. In order to understand how to give your paintings real depth and dimension, the artist needs to know how to create and paint form. This is an excellent foundational course for the beginning and/or intermediate painter who wishes to learn and understand the principles of value. The instructor will guide you through several value exercises along with several streaming video demonstrations and text lessons that explain in detail what it's all about. Individual critiques are given as often as the student needs them. Students will receive feedback on their comprehension of the subject.
Contact info: For further information related to this course please contact the instructor directly: email@example.com
1. Understanding value and its importance in art work.
2. Training the eye to see and measure the concept of value (light and dark).
3. Learning that color has 'value' and how to assign 'value' to a particular color.
4. Learning to mix grey value scales, as well as color value scales.
5. Understanding the concept of 'value contrasts'.
6. Learning to blend values for creating form or three dimensional objects.
7. Learning to see 'shape and form' in objects, and paint to give the illusion of three dimensional forms.
8. Learning the effect of light on form.