How to Paint Pansy Flowers with Artist Sue Pruett MDA
Downloadable Painting Pattern or E-Pattern
Acrylic Pansies and Violas - by artist Sue Pruett MDA
Discover simple brush strokes and learn how to create your own flower paintings. Learn how to paint floral shapes and leaves - This design can be applied to several surfaces.
- Paint beautiful pansies, viola flowers, and leaves using the basic decorative comma stroke.
- Artist Sue Pruett uses a filbert paint brush to stroke double-loaded comma strokes layered to build the foundation of the petals.
- Sue's approach is to simply walk the student, step by step through the basic anatomy of the flower relative to its mass and form.
- In-depth explanations.
- Learn how to paint flowers and leaves using double loaded comma strokes with a filbert brush.
- Learn how to add simple stroke embellishments to add interest and mood.
- Learn how to use color temperature to create emphasis and attention.
Palette – DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylics
Light Grey Mix #8
Medium Grey Mix #6
Dark Grey Mix #3
Extender and Blending Medium
9 x 12 Canvas Panel or Masonite
TB11 – 3/0 liner
TB31 – 4 flat
TB32 – 6 flat
TB33 – 8 flat
TB34 – 10 flat
TB35 – 12 flat
TB38 – 1” flat
TB41 – 6 filbert
TB42 – 8 filbert
TB43 – 10 filbert
TB51 – ¾ oval
TB101 – 0 mini mop
Wet Palette Container
Wax Palette Paper
Gray Graphite Paper
Clear Acetate or Tracing Paper
Sharpie™ Fine Point Permanent Pen